Are you interested in growing nut trees?
Join the Ohio Nut Growers
Annual Membership $5.00 -- Lifetime Membership $100.00
Benefits of ONGA Membership
- Two newsletters with many interesting and informative articles. One in the Spring, a couple of weeks before the Spring Meeting and one in the Fall, a couple of weeks before the Fall meeting. The Newsletters contain tips on growing nut trees, grafting, and nut tree care. There are also recipes and articles from the members telling of their individual trials and tribulations.
- A Spring meeting is held at Kingwood Center in Mansfield with a potluck lunch. We also have a business meeting, an auction (items donated by members), free scion wood exchange and a question and answer session.
- Grafting demonstration each Spring at different locations each year.
- Opportunity to greet people at the ONGA booth during the State Fair. You receive free admission and free parking for each day you volunteer.
- Additional opportunity to greet people at the ONGA booth during the Farm Science Review each Fall. You also receive free admission and free parking for each day you volunteer.
- A Fall meeting is usually held at a different member's nut orchard and includes the potluck lunch, business meeting, auction, and demonstrations. We have demonstrated tree shakers, nut hullers, nut crackers, etc.
- Of course the main benefit of being an ONGA member is the opportunity to meet with friendly and knowledgeable people who share a passion for growing and or just eating nuts. Our members include hobbyist as well as professional growers.